SCAM ALERT: COVID-19 FRAUD ACTS USING THE VGLOVE BRAND
The COVID-19 pandemic has created an unprecedented demand for personal protective equipment (PPE) worldwide. VGlove‘s examination and surgical gloves are used all over the world by healthcare suppliers, industrial operators and everyday end-users looking for protective equipment for themselves and others from the rise of COVID-19.
This enormous demand, therefore, has also led to a spread in elaborate fraud schemes seeking to criminally make money of our clients and customers. These misleading practices promise counterfeit versions of VGlove gloves with fraudulent product registrations, certificates, and/or test reports that do not meet VGlove’s quality standards. The most common tactics of those scams are using social engineering techniques, including “spoofing,” by fraudulently using VRG Khai Hoan employee names, logos, brands and/or look-alike VRG Khai Hoan emails.
We caution our customers to look out for fraud schemes, especially concerning the VGlove nitrile examination gloves, VGlove powder-free latex examination gloves, VGlove powdered latex examination gloves and VGlove Sterile surgical latex gloves . VRG Khai Hoan is aware of fraud schemes using these leading brands and is working to protect our clients and end-users.
COMMON SIGNS OF POTENTIAL FRAUD ACTS
- Requests for the urgent transfer of funds, especially payment in advance before any real product inspection
- Start with legitimate procedure then make last-minute changes to payment instructions
- Promises of readily available stock for immediate shipment and delivery with enormous unreal quantity.
- Inability to explain the origin of products supposedly being sold.
- Sellers without any documents and original footage of product or product sample.
- Suspiciously low pricing when compared to similar product listings, often come along with urges to make advance payment
- Offers of huge product quantities available without any reasonable evidence of large enough cargo space.
HOW TO ENSURE YOU RECEIVE VGLOVE PRODUCTS
Important steps for buyers need to take to ensure the offer and products they intend to purchase are legitimate:
- Request product samples
- Request a Standard Operating Procedure and evaluate with legal consulting service
- Avoid making payments prior to delivery
Avoid fraudulent VGlove websites and contacts with signs below:
- Sites with counterfeit information, cloned user interface and/or lookalike domain, that lead to fake contact numbers or emails for fraudulent purposes.
- Links in emails that redirect you to another lookalike domains and/or lookalike email address
- Cheap offers that are actively sent do not derive from previous requests from customers.
- Lookalike VRG Khai Hoan employee email address offer OTG products outside of Vietnam.
- Fake contracts lead to deposit funds to an individual’s bank account.
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU FIND INSTANCES OF SCAMMER
If encountered with fraudulent or suspicious offers to purchase VGlove products, attempts to impersonate VRG Khai Hoan’s employee, or other unauthorized activity related to VGlove’s brands, please immediately stop all/any transactions with that person.
To help stop the widespread presence of fraud that trying to persuade customers to make transaction to their bank account, it is important to gather as much detail as possible regarding the identity and contact information of the scammer(s), specifics around the offer being made, bank account information and any documents or other supporting evidence. Report the fraud to law enforcement or other government institutions.
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Fraudulent Covid-19 Products: https://www.fda.gov/safety/report-problem-fda/reporting-unlawful-sales-medical-products-internet
- Click on Covid-19 Alert: ftc.gov/complaint
- Consumer Protection Cooperation Network (CPC)
- Visit: https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-travel-eu/consumers/enforcement-consumer-protection/scams-related-covid-19_en